Good hair care begins at home itself. Follow these tips if you don’t want to waste your hard-earned money for paying the bills of a hair care expert.
1) Maintain a particular hairstyle by getting your haircut regularly, depending upon growth of your hair. Avoid changing your hairstyles drastically like from keeping a pony to going bald.
2) Select your shampoo and conditioner according to your hair type. Don’t undermine the use of conditioner, as conditioner is for your hair and shampoo is for your scalp. Choose the appropriate shampoo and conditioner. Go for the moisturizing shampoo and conditioner if your hair and scalp are dry and in case they are oily, go for the cleansing ones.
3) You should shampoo every alternative day. But it is best to wash oily hair every day. Don’t wash your hair too often as it may lead to dryness.
4) In case you are losing hair, make sure that you massage your scalp each morning before your hair wash. This would help you to stimulate your blood vessels and loosen up your scalp.
5) If your scalp is dry, use almond or olive oil, however if your hair is oily, avoid using oil as it would worsen the condition.
6) Get a haircut to suit your face shape. If you are in a fix as to what would suit you best, ask your hairdresser.
7) Exposing your hair to too much heat can damage the hair shaft.
8) While drying, do not rub the hair. This will weaken the follicle and make the hair brittle and dull. The cuticle of the hair will not lie flat, so it will not be smooth or shiny.
9) A small quantity of olive oil (or a similar kind of oil) can be applied to get a shiny and conditioned hair. But make sure you don’t put too much oil or else your hair will look like an oil slick.
10.) While brushing/combing your hair, remain gentle. If you comb too roughly, you might lose those precious strands of hair. The idea is to be patient while brushing/combing and not to rush through the things.